Summer is here and nothing beats a hot summer day like ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream! Keto ice cream that is. Yes, a keto vanilla ice cream recipe. This recipe is so simple and utilizes ingredients you very likely have in your house. I am a big ice cream fan, but I very rarely eat it because I cannot seem to find one in stores that I love. I have always said that I rather have no ice cream than an ice cream that is only going to leave me disappointed.
I embarked on a mission to create the best keto vanilla ice cream recipe that I can pair with any of our keto donuts or keto cookies. Not only is this keto vanilla ice cream recipe delicious, it is the simplest keto vanilla ice cream recipe out there. I wanted to make sure the keto vanilla ice cream was creamy, rich and smooth. I use allulose as the sweetener for this keto vanilla ice cream recipe, but monkfruit or stevia can work just fine. We cannot wait to see what keto cookies or keto donuts you top with the most delicious keto vanilla ice cream recipe out there!
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup allulose
5 large egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Add milk, allulose and vanilla extract to the saucepan and stir on low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Crack and separate yolks from egg whites. Set egg whites aside for later use.
- Stir egg yolks in a bowl
- Slowly add warm milk to the yolk mixture stirring frequently. You want to temper your egg yolks to prevent scrambled eggs
- Cover the saucepan and cook on low until mixture thickens and coats the back of your spatula. Stir mixture frequently to avoid burning your milk.
- Add milk and egg mixture into the heavy cream.
- Stir mixture over an ice bath until cool. (set up an ice bath by placing a 2-quart (2l) bowl in a larger bowl partially filled with ice and water)
- Refrigerate overnight
- Freeze according to ice cream machines directions