Who does not love a good classic keto friendly cream cheese and jam bagel sandwich? I know it has always been a classic for me. Ever since we created our keto cinnamon raisin bagels I always make sure to keep a box of these in my fridge for an easy breakfast.
One of my biggest issues is always trying to find the best sugar free jam out there that helps me remain in ketosis. I at times just omit the jam and have my keto cinnamon raisin bagel with cream cheese alone, but when I have a batch of my homemade keto strawberry jam on hand, I will add it to my keto cinnamon raisin bagel sandwich. Interested in making a simple and delicious keto strawberry jam? Keep reading.
2 pounds hulled strawberries
4 cups low carb sweetener ( I use a mix of monkfruit, stevia and allulose, but you can use only one)
1/4 cup lemon juice
- In a bowl, smash strawberries in batches until you have 4 cups of mashed strawberries
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, mix together the strawberries, low carb sugar, and lemon juice.
- Stir over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Increase heat to high, and bring the mixture to a full rolling boil. Boil, stirring often, until the mixture reaches 220 degrees F (105 degrees C).
- Transfer to hot sterile jars, leaving 1/4 to 1/2 inch headspace, and seal.
- Process in a water bath. If the jam is going to be eaten right away, don't bother with processing, and just refrigerate.