Need a sweet pick me up without feeling all the guilt? I know when I am trying to eat healthy I usually crave the sugar even more. I always try and keep my sugar intake low, but when I do have sugar I want to make sure I know exactly what I am putting into my body.
Being on a strict paleo diet or a keto diet does not always need to feel like a punishment. I love taking classic recipes like a banana foster and just replacing a few ingredients to customize it to how I am currently eating, be it a paleo diet, a keto diet, or even a gluten free diet. It is very simple to whip up quick keto recipes and paleo recipes with things you have at home. I am a big fan of quick and easy paleo recipes and keto recipes. I usually will try and keep my ingredient list to 5 items or less.
I created PBH Foods because I knew a lot of people do not have the time to sit around and wait for their keto cookies and keto donuts to bake. I wanted fool proof keto and paleo desserts that were delivered to your doorsteps so you did not have to worry about making dessert from scratch at home. Truthfully, there is nothing more convenient than being able to open your bag of keto desserts and enjoy your sweets with 0 bake time. While I know our desserts are delicious consumed alone, I also wanted to share a paleo friendly banana foster recipe that pairs amazingly with our keto donuts or even with our paleo cinnamon rolls. It takes our desserts from delicious to spectacular. Keep reading for a simple paleo friendly banana foster recipe or a keto friendly avocado foster recipe.
Banana/ Avocado Foster Recipe
- 1 banana or 1 avocado
- 1 TBSP honey or maple syrup or sugar free syrup
- 1 TBSP almond butter
- 1 TBSP dairy free milk
- 1 scoop of dairy and sugar free ice cream. Click HERE for our homemade vanilla keto ice cream recipe
- In a small saucepan over medium heat add sweetener, almond butter (I used chunky because I enjoy the crunch) and milk and mix until almond butter has melted and broken up
- Peel banana, cut in half and slice banana in half again
- Put banana inside saucepan and pour almond butter sauce all over it until the banana softens
- Place banana mixture on a plate and top with your favorite ice cream or enjoy by itself.
If you make this recipe please share it with us. We would love to see what keto dessert or paleo dessert you pair with our banana foster recipe. If you are looking for a lower sugar alternative than a banana, I suggest trying this recipe with an avocado instead. I know, an avocado? Yes, an avocado! Avocados are creamy, high in fat and can give you a soft mushy consistency similar to the banana. You will be getting your fats in as well as kicking that sweet tooth. Remember if you share this recipe make sure to tag us @PBHFoods.