Valentine’s Day may seem like another over-commercialized holiday, made up by corporations to get Americans to spend more money. It is however, much more important than that. It is the one day of the year to show your significant other, or loved ones, exactly how much they mean to you. Since the middle ages, the poet Chaucer linked St.Valentine’s Day to the idea of romantic love. History shows that even back then men and women would send each other handmade cards containing beautiful messages to express their deep love for one another. Nowadays, it is tradition to give each other sweet goodies and cards. This may become difficult when your loved ones have dietary restrictions such as a gluten deficiency, or they are on the Paleo diet. You may feel that there are no paleo friendly treats to offer. No worries, I am here to help. Here are a couple excellent paleo Valentine’s gift ideas that will bring a loving smile to any paleo enthusiast.
Nothing says, “I love you” more than adorable handmade sweets made of luscious chocolate and creamy almond butter. All you need is a few simple ingredients, and of course, add a touch of love. These paleo friendly almond butter cups are the perfect gift!
- Add half a cup of almond butter, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, coconut flour, honey, and vanilla extract, to a food processor or mixer. Mix these ingredients well, scraping the sides as needed. This mixture will be your filling so make sure it reaches a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Next, melt a 16 ounce bag of soy-free chocolate chips with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil on low heat. Make sure to use extra caution to avoid burning your chocolate.
- Spoon about a teaspoonful of chocolate into the bottom of 12 paper-lined muffin cups, or 24 mini muffin cups. Drop a tablespoon of the almond butter mixture next. Cover evenly with the remaining melted chocolate.
- Place these in the refrigerator until firm for about 1-2 hours.
Before you place these in the refrigerator to chill, I suggest slicing up a couple strawberries vertically and placing one slice on each to resemble a heart. Once chilled, you can pop these our easily and serve in the packaging of your choice. They are so yummy and they are perfect for anyone on the paleo diet.
Another, marvelous paleo Valentine’s day gift idea is sending your significant other a wonderfully curated box of PBH goodies. PBH Foods is your one stop shop for paleo friendly desserts. We have a remarkable variety of keto and paleo friendly cookies, paleo donuts, and more. Our February box always features an array of chocolate treats, and you even have the option of including a lovely note inside your box. This Valentine’s gift idea is perfect even if your significant other is currently out of town, or you are in a long distance relationship, as they are delivered right to their door. If you are nervous about ordering certain goodies, you can always purchase a PBH gift card which will allow your significant other to pick out their own Custom PBH Box. Our Custom PBH Box is perfect for those who want to try several different products. You can select up to four different goodies for your box, and you can even name your box. Here at PBH we can cater to all your gifting needs. Just place your note in the notes section while you are placing your order and one of our diligent fulfillment team members will include it in your box. You can surprise your better half with a personalized box from the best paleo bakery in the market.
One of my favorite paleo valentine’s gift idea and a wonderful way to express your love for your significant other this Valentine’s day is to surprise them with a full paleo friendly breakfast. The following recipe for ham and egg cups will make for an unforgettable Valentine’s day morning.
- Begin by preheating your oven to 400 degrees, and line a 12 count muffin pan with silicone liners or coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large measuring cup or mixing bowl, crack in eggs a dozen eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper. For extra flavor, sprinkle in some cayenne pepper, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Place a slice of ham in each muffin cup as a base for your egg mixture. Divide your eggs evenly into muffin cups filling each about two thirds of the way full.
- Top with more ham and cheese if desired, and sprinkle some chives for decor. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until your eggs are fully cooked.
Your significant other will love these paleo friendly egg bites. To add an adorable twist to your Valentine’s day breakfast, these egg cups can be paired with avocado chunks in the shape of hearts. These cut outs can be easily found at your local arts and crafts store, or online. You can also opt to make a lovely fruit salad in which each chunk of fruit is cut into the shape of a heart. The options are endless so all you need to do is release your creative juices. I guarantee that using these simple tips will make for an amazing surprise Valentine’s day breakfast. No need to wake up hours early just have your fresh ingredient ready the night before. Don’t forget to include your PBH paleo goodies in your breakfast spread!
This Valentine’s day, if you and your better half are hoping to stick to your paleo diet, don’t worry because we got your covered here at PBH. Nothing compares to some delicious chocolatey sweets on Valentine’s day. This is the perfect holiday to fully express your love to the person you share your life with. Don’t be afraid to get creative and step out of your comfort zone. Whether it is a personalized PBH box of goodies or a surprise breakfast, I am your loved ones will appreciate the time and effort put into their paleo Valentine’s gift ideas.