There are many unique ways you can lose, gain, or maintain weight. There are plenty of high-carb options, low-fat diets to gluten-free diets, and veganism if you want to achieve a particular physique or health level. One dietary lifestyle has recently gained a lot of attention: the keto diet. Let’s learn more about how this diet works and what it can do for you.
What does “keto” mean?
Keto is short for ketogenic, and it entails eating a low-carb, high-fat diet. The ketogenic diet offers many health benefits and can help you to lose weight. On a keto diet, you replace most of the carbs in your diet with fats. This drastic reduction in carbs places your body into a metabolic state known as ketosis. It is not easy to get our body to use fat for energy instead of carbs, but you are in ketosis once you do. These days, there are plenty of options for those looking to follow a ketogenic diet without having to sacrifice their favorite snacks. From bagels and cookies to cakes and toaster strudel, there are a plethora of choices.
What are the differences between keto bagels and regular bagels?
Standard bagels are not typically “keto-friendly” due to the number of carbohydrates they contain, but our Everything Bagel offers just as much satisfaction as a classic New York bagel. With only 110 calories and four net carbs per bagel, they are perfect to have with cream cheese and a little tomato, or of course with cold cuts, for your keto breakfast or as a snack.
Are keto bagels good for those not on keto?
A low-carb bagel is an excellent option for anyone trying to reduce their carbohydrate intake. Our keto bagels contain almond flour, which provides a healthy source of fats without compromising its ketogenic qualities. The ketogenic diet can help maintain blood pressure control, enhance mental performance, keep cholesterol levels low, and stabilize blood sugar levels. Of course, if you’re trying to cut back, keto bagels are an excellent option for almost anyone who wants to cut back on their sugar and carb intake.
Top Keto Breakfast Ideas
They say that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so why have a bland meal just because you’re on a keto diet? Sometimes, all you want is a good, hearty bagel or a sweet and satisfying treat. Here are five of our top keto breakfast ideas:
- Scrambled eggs and turkey rashers: On a keto diet, you should aim to eat a few whole eggs a day. Breakfast is a great time to get in some of those eggs, and you can scramble them in butter, whisk in some heavy cream, and season as desired. Fry up some turkey rashers in oil and enjoy them as part of a high-fat, carb-free breakfast!
- Cinnamon raisin bagel: This keto take on the classic Cinnamon Raisin Bagel is delicious, with only six net carbs per bagel! Toast this delicious low-carb bagel and eat with butter, or eat it on its own to fill breakfast or snack. These keto bagels are dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free, and GMO-free.
- Chia pudding: This delicious overnight option is excellent if you’re following a keto diet and don’t have too much time in the morning! Who doesn’t love a breakfast that’s quick and tasty? Mix 1 cup of unsweetened canned coconut milk, two tablespoons of chia seeds, and ½ a teaspoon of vanilla extract. Cover and place it in the fridge overnight, and voila, you have a comfortable and satisfying breakfast pudding! You can also flavor your chia pudding with cinnamon, orange extract, or any other flavor you want. If you know you’ll be having a light lunch and want to bulk up, serve your chia pudding with some coconut cream or nut butter for extra fats.
- Keto pumpkin spice cookies: Stay securely in ketosis with these tasty Keto Pumpkin Spice Cookies! With these sweet snacks, you can experience the warming, comforting taste of cinnamon, nutmeg, and clove without unnecessary sugar and carbs. These chewy, freshly-baked cookies are free from dairy, gluten, grains, and GMOs. Plus, they only have two net carbs per cookie! This versatile keto cookie is perfect with your morning coffee or as an afternoon snack.
- Keto cinnamon donuts: With our help, you really can eat donuts for breakfast! These keto cinnamon donuts have a soft, cake-like texture that will satisfy your sweet tooth with just 5g net carbs.
Keto breakfasts don’t have to be boring! Whether you’re a fan of salt, sugar, or spice, you should never stop enjoying your favorite meals on a ketogenic diet! With PBH foods, you can order a dozen of your favorites in bulk.
You can also try our Cookie Gang Bundle. This bundle contains three different cookie flavors, all individually wrapped so that you can enjoy them on the go!
If you’re a keto breakfast fiend, our Keto Bagel Box Bundle is perfect for you!
This box contains
- Four Keto Everything Seasoned Bagels (with 4g net carbs)
- Four Keto Cinnamon Raisin Bagels (with 6g net carbs)
- Four Keto Sesame Seeds Bagels (with 4g net carbs)
You can mix and match your favorite cream cheese, tuna, turkey bacon, or chicken salad filling! Life on a keto diet doesn’t have to be restrictive or boring – in fact, you can still enjoy all of your favorite breakfast treats with PBH and our delicious bundles!