The Super Bowl is one of the most-watched events in the entire world. Each year it draws in over 80 million viewers. Record shows that the Super Bowl game has surpassed the 100 million viewer mark each year for the past five years. As Super Bowl Sunday approaches, the excitement begins to build among Americans in every state. Stores have put up their Super Bowl decorations and sale advertisements. All types of tempting snacks are on super sale at every grocery store; chips and dip, spicy wings, iced cookies and much more. If you are currently on the keto diet, this does not have to be a difficult time for you. There is no need to tear up everytime you walk past the Super Bowl display at your favorite grocery store. I took a moment to go through all my best keto friendly tailgate recipes and have narrowed it down to the top 5 keto super bowl recipes. Trust me you are going to want to bring at least one of these delicious snacks and a box of PBH goodies to your Super Bowl watch party this year!
Let’s get started with my all time favorite quick and easy keto version of Pepperoni Pizza Bites. These keto delicacies are sure to impress all your friends and fellow football enthusiasts, regardless if they are on the keto diet. All you will need to make these delicious bites are 5 simple ingredients, and of course, a sprinkle of love.
- Start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F. Using kitchen scissors or a knife, cut four ½ inch cuts around the edges of each pepperoni slice (almost as if to make triangles), leaving the center uncut. Each pepperoni should end up looking like a circular cross
- Next step is to press two pepperoni slices down into a mini muffin pan. I recommend two pepperoni slices to add better shape to your bites. Bake these for 5 to 6 minutes, until the edges are crispy, but the pepperoni is still red. Let the pepperoni cool in your mini muffin pans for 5 minutes or until crisp, so they can hold their shape. Once crisp, move the pepperoni cups to a paper towel lined plate to remove excess oil.
- Wipe the grease out of the muffin pan or wash, then return your pepperoni cups to the muffin pan. Place a small basil leaf in the bottom of each cup, followed by ½ a teaspoon of pizza sauce, a mini mozzarella ball (or your favorite cheese), and an olive slice.
- Finally, place your pizza bites back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mozzarella cheese melts thoroughly. Wait until your pepperoni pizza bites have cooled and serve!
These addicting little bites are going to be a hit with all your keto friends and family. It is like cheating on your keto diet without feeling any of the guilt. You can even make a paleo diet friendly version by substituting mozzarella cheese with almond or cashew cheese.
My next favorite keto friendly recipe for tailgating, and for any other party for that matter, is keto friendly Cucumber Hummus bites. These fancy looking horderves will not take you any longer than 15 minutes to set up as they do not require any baking, or cooking. Just a few refreshing ingredients!
- Cut up a cucumber into slices. Remember not to slice too thin as this will cause your bites to become flimsy and difficult for your guests to eat.
- Next, top each cucumber slice with ½ a tablespoon of hummus and a small square of your favorite cheese.
- All that is left is to sprinkle with smoked paprika to garnish.
If you want to take advantage of how easy and delicious this recipe is, you can always set your food processor to the slice setting. This will allow you to make hundreds of these Cucumber Hummus bites for a big Super Bowl party in just a few minutes.
The next recipe I have in store for you is one of the absolute best. This recipe for Keto Buffalo Chicken dip will have you feeling like you ditched the keto diet. It is perfect as the main dish at the center of your keto friendly snack table.
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine an entire 8 ounce block of cream cheese, ½ cup of sour cream, and ¼ to ½ a cup of your favorite hot sauce, and around 2 cups of shredded chicken, until your ingredients are well incorporated.
- Transfer your mixture to an 8 x 8 glass dish, or casserole dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling. Then, change your oven settings to broil for up to 5 minutes just so you can brown and crisp the top of your dip.
Serve your keto buffalo dip with low carb veggie slices like celery, carrots and cucumbers. I recommend serving your dip along with a stack of plates so your guest can serve themselves the amount of dip that they want.
Here comes the difficult part, what to serve as dessert that won’t ruin your keto diet. This is where most people load up on sugar and carbs. The dessert station at most Super Bowl parties and get-togethers is jam packed with cookies, cakes, cupcakes with mounds of icing, and other unhealthy foods that will knock you right out of ketosis. Instead, I recommend placing an order for our all natural keto friendly PBH goodies. All you need to do is head to our website at PBH Foods browse and select as many keto treats as possible. Our keto donuts and cookies are all made with natural ingredients. You don’t ever have to worry about ruining your keto diet, or having exceeded your daily carb limit before the halftime show has even started.
So this weekend, when you head to your local grocery store to stock up on tailgating goodies, turn your nose up at the Super Bowl display. You don’t need all that junk food to enjoy a bunch of delectable Super Bowl party foods. As usual, PBH has got your covered with the best keto desserts that are sure to be a touchdown with all your friends and family!
Leave a comment